KCON, the world’s largest Korean culture and music celebration, attracted 23,000 people in Saudi Arabia on Friday and Saturday, according to organizer CJ ENM on Sunday.
Around 3.5 million more from around 171 countries enjoyed a live stream of the concert.
Under the theme “Be A KCONer,” KCON offered diverse Korean cultural content such as talk shows with K-pop artists and K-pop performances.
Many Korean brands from the food and beverage, cosmetic and lifestyle sectors opened up booths to promote their products.
A K-Food zone in which Korean snacks such as tteokbokki, dalgona, and chicken were sold, was the most popular area for local visitors among the booths provided.
When the K-pop show began, Boulevard Riyadh City was filled with the sound of people singing along to Korean songs.
Local K-pop fans held up posters expressing their love for their favorite K-pop groups.
Everglow, Highlight, Hyolyn, Kard, Riize, Super Junior D&E (Donghae and Eunhyuk), 8Turn, Dreamcatcher, El7z Up, Evnne, Oh My Girl, Super Junior, Tempest and TNX took to the festival stage.
- Yoon nominates former boss to head broadcasting watchdog
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- Jungkook of BTS to hold fan showcase on Nov. 20
- NYT picks Yoon as one of most stylish people of 2023
- US eases export controls on chip equipment for Samsung, SK factories in China
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- [Photo News] Housing solutions in Asia